Monday, May 25, 2020

rebuilding

Today I will run (and walk) and it will be
                                                               movement.

I was going to say it will be
                                              fun
but that is not always true.
Sometimes it's
                         frustrating
and it can be hard to find the fun in that.
But I'm looking at my body as a
                                                       work-in-progress
And run/walking is my
                                       paintbrush
                                                         or my chisel
and I'm creating a healthier runner.
a more durable runner.

The body doesn't know pace. It knows effort.

I want to be that grey-haired woman I sometimes exchange hellos with.
She runs with her chin-length hair loose. It sways as she moves.
Not fast but why would that matter
when the smile on her face is bright enough to shine
on the remainder of my run?